Hi Stampers, my Share today is created with a NEW Holiday Catalog Set, Stampin Up Lighthearted Leaves for Stamping and Blogging Sketch #118
Love these designs and loved colouring them even more. They remind me of the Indian Henna designs Mehndi – using in their celebrations and symbolizing good luck, health and sensuality.
Sandi’s Tips & Tricks:
- Pick your Designer Paper first for the sketch, that makes picking the ink colours super easy – Use my DSP and Coordinating card stock worksheet – to help you with that.
- Don’t add too many colours. I stamped the images in Mint Macaron and Old Olive, then I used Mint Macaron and Pool Party Markers to colour. (LOVE – how my Stampin Write markers coordinate with my ink pads).
- My Art piece is Shimmery White card stock to add some extra “shimmer” to my design.
- Once I had the background piece colored, I cut out my little sentiment piece and laid it in place, because the stamps in this set are photopolymer (clear) it was super easy to line up the image and stamp it a second time. I colored the image, backed it with a piece of Basic Black and used Dimensionals to attach it for a little 3-d effect on my card.
- I threw in Black as a little drama to offset the light greens and blues in my design
- I repeat the design on the inside of my card as well.
and it’s time to go and visit the Design Team to see what they created with it. Click on the links below to visit their blogs, or visit our Stamping and Blogging Facebook Page – get full of inspiration from these great artists, then grab the sketch and come and join us over at the Sketch and Stamp Challenge Blog – we would love to see what you create with it.
Amy Koenders – USA
Sandi MacIver – CANADA (my Canadian Stampin Up Blog – you are here)
Caroline van der Straaten – Netherlands
Marine Wiplier – France
Erna Logtenberg – Netherlands
Shelagh Freemantle – Canada
Kerstin Kreis – Germany
Patrice Halliday – Larsen – New Zealand
Stampin’ Up! products used to create today’s card: Please click on the image for a larger view and further details:
- Card Base: Old Olive 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, Mint Macaron 4 x 5-1/4
- Art Piece – Shimmery White 3-7/8 x 5-1/2 and 1-3/4 square for sentiment piece – Basic Black, 1-7/8 square mat for the sentiment piece.
- Pretty Petals Designer Paper 1-1/4 x 5-1/8, 1/2 x 5-1/8
- Inside of card: Mint Macaron 4 x 5-1/4, Shimmery White 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
Thanks so much for stopping in to visit me today, I hope you enjoyed my share and if you need products to create this Stampin Up Lighthearted Leaves for Stamping and Blogging card – I would love to be your demonstrator, simply use my “shop with me” button below, or contact me and I would be happy to place your order for you.
October Hostess Code: USA – VQA3XCB2
October Hostess Code: CANADA – EBCYP3PN
When you shop with me online or in person, you earn Corgi Rewards which you can redeem for FREE Stampin Up products.
Weekly Deals – USA
Weekly Deals – Canada
Clearance Rack – USA
Clearance Rack – Canada